Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Bee Day 6

Dear, dear, dear. I'm at McDonald's availing myself of the free WiFi and to be polite, bought a snack with the last of my change. Three fried mozzarella sticks, pitiful. And nine days until payday. Something will turn up, it always does. 
Anyway. At the library (which in fact took two trips as I found out at the "big" library that I owe late fees and they wouldn't let me check anything out so I had to detour to the "little" library) was this entertaining book. I have a similar one called Roadside Texas and I've visited some of the attractions featured in them. What caught my eye, naturally, was the giant bee on the cover.

I would like very much to go and see this bee but unfortunately it's located (if in fact it's still there) on the Texas-Mexico border which is much too far to drive to in a day and I'm too old to go for sleeping in the car any more. Rather miss my truck, I used to camp in the bed of it when I was more adventurous and less stiff.
There's a Beeville in Texas in the Hill Country, I've passed it many times on the way to somewhere else and it is close enough to make a day trip. It is in Bee County as well.
Below is the map of a mythical continent called Entropy which I've been adding to for years. It is a joke about sloth, laziness, apathy and other fine qualities of the non-ambitious. Today I've added a Beeville.

No comments:

Post a Comment