Monday, June 6, 2016

Re Evaluating

Lately I've become unhappy. Angry, frustrated, bitter, envious; all those things one doesn't want to be and doesn't like in others.
Why?
So I consulted the Tarot and read "Inspiring" blogs and did some soul-searching and discovered some constants and reviewed patterns and came to some conclusions.
They turned out to be extremely simple and fairly obvious in retrospect. Why is it always so difficult to get to the simplest place? I don't know, but it is so.

Not too long ago I was fairly happy. I'd accomplished a few goals and worked my way out of some problems and then, having done that, somehow worked my way right back into those same problems.
My home is dirty, I don't feel well, I smoke too much and am drinking too much and I don't sleep well. I am not accomplishing the Goals I'd set for myself and therefore began dwelling upon my failures. 

Number One Obstacle is STUFF. I have been accumulating stuff that I thought I needed and it turns out I don't need it. Books, art supplies, clothes, all the usual sort of One-of-these-days-it-might-come-in-handy things and Guarding-against-loss kinds of things. When I moved into this apartment I literally walked around and wept with joy over all this wonderful space just for me! and now I am crowded in and cluttered and fretting over how to keep it all tidy. So it's all going out again. 
I love moving, you know, a lot of people despise moving, but I find it very cleansing and refreshing to go through all the possessions and get rid of everything I don't need, and revisiting things I'd forgotten I had. That's when I discover what's really precious versus what I am still hanging onto just to be polite to somebody. I'm not going to move at the moment, but I am going to embark on another purging adventure. 
I moved the furniture around recently, and changed some of the pictures and things on the walls and ever since, been vaguely unhappy. Truth is, I liked it better the way it was, so I'm going to put it all back. Spackle will be called for.

Number Two Obstacle is this: I don't care about bees. Sure, I'm concerned about the plight of their being endangered and all that, and they are fascinating little creatures, but I don't really want to make a Bee A Day, or collect bee jewelry or any of that. So off to Ebay, the Goodwill or the Dumpster they will go. 

Aaaah. Better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment