Thursday, August 27, 2015

Felt Like A Winner Today.


I made it through August. Feels like an accomplishment even though I haven't actually done anything. We had big, noisy thunderstorms and afterwards a nice coolish front. It was still 90 degrees but without the humidity which feels like a blunt object applied cruelly to one's person. 

Getting used to the new Asus. It works much like the old one but the screen is a bit larger, even though the keyboard is not. Difficult to type when the keys are jammed so closely together.

My next door neighbor just got a new computer, too, a real one, not a notebook like mine, and I was able to help her to set it up. Now I can work Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Explorer, Google Chrome and Windows Edge, which I had never even heard  of six hours ago. So I felt good about helping, and learned some new stuff as well.

Daughter's birthday was yesterday and I had had hunted high and low for her gift, something she had wanted in the Spring. Finally found it on Ebay and went through the whole bidding and waiting rigamarole, some people see this as fun but I am not that patient!  On her Facebook page, photos and effusive thanks to her work friends but for me, not even a text. I am used to the brush-off by now but it still stings.

Ran out of medicine (for the blood pressure) and can really tell the difference. I tried to get the refill but "something" seems to have gone wrong and it was'nt there when I went in. I'd done it over the phone and, well, who knows? This phone is a piece of junk. I really need to get off this Welfare phone and go back to paid service. It's beyond frustrating to have almost every call cut off and those that aren't, so staticky and interrupted that I have to get the person at the other end to repeat everything. Free minutes sounds good and I'm sure that the company is making a nice profit from its government contract, but in real life I am burning up all those free minutes calling back and back on the dropped calls.....

Meanwhile a Fat headache from the blood pressure.

Back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment