I missed keeping a blog and have decided to begin writing again although it has been many months since there was much to say.
There doesn't seem to be a need to change the blog title even though I'm not doing a 365 project now. As for the luck part, it went downhill, had to find a new job, get the car repaired, recoup all the lost income and such. Seemed like Luck had abandoned me, but there is still plenty to be glad about. Primarily, that what ever went wrong, it could have been a great deal worse.
Googled my own name and was rather shocked at what appeared. Thank goodness I use a nickname, but have disabled the link to search engines nonetheless. I wouldn't feel free to write truthfully if I thought the entries were going to pop right up on the first page of Google results.
Today the weather is hot. Blue sky, no cloud, 87% relative humidity and a heat index of up to 110 according to NOAA. I walk to work at 4 a.m. which is decent, but at noon when I go back home it is quite the miserable trudge. Luckily it is a very short walk. If it weren't, I wouldn't be doing it! I'm walking to get a tiny amount of exercise in. I'm on my feet all day and walk back and forth over a short distance but it's hardly aerobic. Then there's the money saving aspect, why drive a couple of thousand yards? Not worth burning the fuel to start up the car. Not to mention that it's actually quicker to walk than to make two left turns.
Even though August counts as the Dog Days and is the most miserable month in terms of temperatures, still I feel encouraged because there's only 3 weeks till September, when we can start anticipating fronts beginning to blow down from the northerly parts. Nowhere near cold yet, but drier air is just as good. I am so ready to open the windows! I'm very thankful for air conditioning, and that I am able to pay for it, too, but my skin is dry and my apartment is stale and I feel isolated from my neighborhood because I can't hear what's going on outside. Looking forward to early morning birdsong and quarreling squirrels again soon.
An entry without a picture is rather dull, I think, but there isn't one today. That's all right, this is just a beginning. This time the blog will be like a journal, not a documentation of a project, but there are some projects happening which I'll show as we go on. Who knows when someone will read this? It's like a message in a bottle. Thank you for looking, Oh invisible reader, and I will catch you again tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment