Rush job. I must have worked late that day, I don't remember now.
Folded card stock.
Originally posted December 20 2014
Funny. That day might have been much like this one.
Today I went to work, got paid. Came home.
Big Nuthin', really.
Co-worker was grumpy and pointed her grouchiness at me.
Yesterday I went grocery shopping and bought $150 worth of food all at once which is pretty extravagant. Food stamps only gives me $16 a month which doesn't go very far and the rest is made up of donated food, the county food bank and what little I can scrape together after my bills have been paid. I get enough to eat but it's terribly monotonous. The (frequent, and vicious) remarks I hear from Taxpayers (I might add, all welfare aside, I do pay them as well) about Those People sucking on the Free Food Trough really hurt. They seem to get terribly offended by the idea we might actually enjoy what we eat.
So. I bought Brie, and little frozen cream puffs, and frozen waffles, and Yoplait, and Honey Smacks. On my budget those are Luxury Foods. Which I can not afford and so they went on a credit card, to be paid off over time, and with interest.
But Oh! those little cream puffs were Divine!
I don't mean to be a whinger about it, I am truly grateful for any food and that I'm not really starving...but Lord! how I hate canned tuna.
Pay check seemed too big, somehow. Then I realized it was holiday pay, at time and a half, for Labor Day. A whole extra $30. I can have a can of paint! Still waiting for summer to go away so I can get back to defacing my car.

No comments:
Post a Comment