Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Talismans.

A talisman is something you use to attract good luck or to ward off bad. So isn't insurance just a talisman? After all, you pay money regularly and what you get is a promise that "everything will be OK" if disaster strikes. One which isn't always kept. 

I got a little paint applied to my car this evening, just before the light failed and a persistent mosquito drove me indoors. After a thorough drenching in Deep Woods Somethingorother I went to the store for a couple of mundane items and on the way back was rewarded with a very nice shooting star; long, bright white streak with a little explosion at the end. Hardly needed to make a wish since I wish for the same thing every day anyhow.



This picture is only an illustration of a shooting star talisman which I nicked from Google images, but, so help me, I bought another Bee.


No comments:

Post a Comment