I have a favorite pair of jeans, as most of us have. Good fit, right size, right length and the seat and waist both fit at the same time, which is rare. Nice color, too. I've had them a fairly long time but today I noticed something that had never caught my eye before, it's the pockets. They're in the right place and they're big enough and the seams haven't come unstitched (which happens a great deal, actually) so nothing falls out. In short, the jeans have good pockets. But the material of which they are made has slogans printed on it, four of them, and they read as follows:
You are beautiful
You are sexy
You are glamorous
You are gorgeous
I feel a bit offended, frankly, that some stranger somewhere felt the need to bolster up my self esteem but assuring me that I am acceptably good looking (is this my reward for having purchased their product?) by hiding a message inside my clothes. I didn't buy a self-help book. This isn't even makeup.
Also, where's
You are intelligent?
Or
You have good taste?
How about
You are obviously not wealthy if you bought this brand?
Honestly.
The prompt for this day said "Make something heavy seem light" and I'd chosen my heart.
I can't remember now what I was thinking then, but here is what I made. Some tissue paper and thread and my trusty LED kit.
Hanging from the ceiling so that it seems to be floating like a balloon.
Originally posted on January 23, 2015.

No comments:
Post a Comment