Friday, June 17, 2016

Book Review "Lunatics"

In 2011, my daughter worked at a Barnes and Noble bookstore and often brought me advance reader's copies of books just ahead of publication. I had the opportunity to read a lot of things I a) couldn't afford to buy and b) wouldn't have otherwise thought of reading. Some of them turned out to be excellent and I am grateful for getting reading material outside of my usual scope. Broadens the mind, dontcha know.
However, I just want to tell you about this one



"Lunatics" by Dave Barry and Alan Zweibel. It was published in January 2012 and it was pretty funny then. It's been on the shelf since and I just read it again and I have to say, it's got a lot funnier! Especially in light of the recent pre-election stuff going on. Almost prophetic! Highly recommended!
Here you can read an NPR interview with the authors about writing it. They took turns with the chapters and it was largely improvisational, which incidentally, is how another very funny book I love was done



Parts of which have caused whatever I was drinking at the time to come out of my nose. Especially Chapter 14. And if I ever get a cat, it will definitely be named Irving.

In unrelated news, my Trusty Garage has located a complete remanufactured tranny. 

Things might be looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment