What to do, what to do....
To try and scare up more money to fix the transmission, not knowing what's really wrong with it but with the information that only one transmission shop in the area will touch this particular model and that it requires Special Tools. Sigh.
They are searching for a suitable supplier and so far, haven't got back to me about it.
There is no money for this, I'm in the hole already with the Bank, the Credit Union and two Credit Cards.
First instinct, get rid of the car before it gets any worse! Pretty obvious, huh. But I live in an area without public transpo; no buses or anything, and what few taxi services are nearby are prohibitively expensive as well as Scary. No competition to keep them on their toes. The answering/dispatch service is surly and rude and the drivers are creepy.
On the other hand, I can get to work, the shops, the bank, the post office and even the library on foot, even if it is Ungodly Hot, and a joyless trudge along a road without sidewalks, picking up sticker burrs from the verge.
Carless, I can save money on insurance and so forth but it also renders me to the status of non-person. And there's the problem of getting rid of the car, which is currently sitting at the mechanic's shop, I can't leave it there indefinitely. It's going to be hard to sell with a half-assed art paint job on it, not to mention a bad tranny.
So, what to do, what to do?
I chose this particular image of the Card because I like it. It came from here

No comments:
Post a Comment