Monday, June 27, 2016
Job Hunting 2
The number one piece of advice both from people in person and the internet is...Sell Yourself.
Close second is Become Someone Else. Apparently only one personality is suitable for having a job. I had to "prove" (by means of "passing" a personality test) that I was an outgoing, team-oriented, fun loving, life-of-the-party type in order to be considered for a job working alone, cleaning up after other people I'd never see. This actually happened several times in the past. Had to get through this vetting process to get to an interview. Took a few tries and some internet research on how to beat the test before I landed a janitorial position. The LIES I had to tell to qualify for the lowest wage allowed by law! Doing work respected by no-one!
Something is very, very wrong here.
Labels:
humiliation,
job search,
lying,
minimum wage,
work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment