Monday, June 13, 2016

The Tower

I drew the Tower card several times recently, and today the catastrophic changes arrived, namely that the transmission went out on my car.
This effectively nixes all the happy plans I'd been making.
I just spent a  thousand dollars on getting the air conditioning  fixed and a set of new tires, in  happy anticipation of traveling to Colorado to participate in an Art Car parade and three day Fun Fest; instead what I've got to look forward to is a ten day stint of work days, going in at 2 am and being largely responsible for the manager's job while she's on vacation, at regular pay, no overtime pay and, of course, no manager's bonus.
I am not a happy camper right now, but I feel a little relieved anyway, because I'm  going to get rid of the car and I won't have to struggle with the paint job any more. It has been  giving me trouble but I felt obliged to keep at it because of the time and money I've already sunk into it, the commitment to going to this artcar fest and, of course, the whole No Quitting philosophy. But now the decision has been made for me, I'm off the hook, I'm not responsible.
So I spent my last dollar on a lottery ticket.


No comments:

Post a Comment