Quite often, people give me things.
That, on the face of it, seems like a good thing.
I accept the things I've been given, because it seems polite. Gratitude is a good thing, too. I'm good at recycling, upcycling and reusing; At making something new out of an old thing, And, cos I'm not very good at saying "No" to people, especially when they seem to be being nice, or generous.
But here's the Thing. A lot of this stuff is Trash.
Really.
Do I look so poor that I'll gratefully accept expired food?
A broken trunk?
Ugly clothes?
This makes me sad.
To be given junk is rather a left-handed compliment. "Here, I want to give you something that nobody else would want, something worthy of the Dumpster...or, you.:
Come to think of it, it isn't a compliment at all.
So, no more charitable donations for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment