Saturday, July 30, 2016

Saturday, July 30th, 2016.

The luxury of being unsure which day of the calendar it is. Think I'll be using the word luxury a lot because everything is just so nice. 
I'm also confused about what (clock) time it is. There was no sign on the road indicating where the imaginary line lies between Texas and New Mexico, just a subtle change in the dirt. So I passed from Central Time into Mountain Time without noticing. M's clock appears to be not on Daylight Saving time, either, so the computer, TV and clocks all read different numbers from one another. But who cares? The sun comes up  and it is Morning. My stomach growls and it's Lunchtime. The sun goes down, so it's Night. What more do I need to know? 
Everything is so pretty! I'm taking lots of photos. I suppose if one lives here the gorgeous sunrises lose their excitement, but for now, every ordinary thing seems extraordinary. 

Why on Earth would anybody go on a cruise ship which is like Town, only offshore, when they could come here? To each his own, I guess.

The cell phone gets no signal up here, either. LUXURY.

There's a mesa nearby (relatively speaking) which changes color and appearance all through the day. It's very photogenic, so here are some pictures. M. calls it "The Biscuit".





The camera's images are deceptive. Here it is at normal setting.










This is more how it looks to the naked eye, but the camera is on zoom. 



Afternoon haze.











It has been thundering each afternoon.

Unlike the Gulf Coast, when there is rain, it's refreshing, and cools things down considerably.














And a rainbow to complete my joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment