Some progress on the car.
My companion, Sylas. He doesn't stay close all day and is off pursuing his own doggy agenda but it's nice having him nearby at night.
Being so far away from Convenience will make one think twice about smoking. There are two shops in town. They don't stock my "preferred" brand (cheap), they charge two dollars more than what I'm accustomed to paying, and it's a thirty mile round trip to go get 'em. There's no popping round to the Quik E Mart!
Yesterday I went for some bread, cigs and coca cola, forgot to turn on the road home and found myself 40 miles out of my way before I realized my mistake. The roads look alike and the signs are few and far between. I was practically in Arizona by the time I turned around. This necessitated a visit to a gas station before getting home. One doesn't want to find oneself on the side of the road without a useful can, or a cell phone! It would be a long, long walk (and in flip flops at that).
It is Sunday, but there is nothing to indicate that fact.
In Dickinson the Catholic church had a recording of a bell playing tunes which broadcast from the "bell tower". It was kind of obnoxious, actually. The village where I grew up had a church with real bells, but they didn't ring all the time. I imagine if I lived near a mosque I'd go nuts, they call five times a day. And it's a voice, singing the call.
Instead I have the music of a wind chime. Sometimes it dings gently, like a church bell. When the wind picks up it strikes more notes and provides random tunes. Sort of a New Age soundtrack to my painting.
No comments:
Post a Comment