We met the man to whom this building belongs but didn't find out what he does here. There are gargoyles on the roof.
The Firecracker Dancers loading hats. Here is one link to YouTube for video of dances past, there are plenty of these from years back. Another thing on my Always Wanted To Do That list. At least, I want to build one but maybe find someone braver about Loud Noises to wear it. The CarDango party was great but I was pretty tired so I didn't stay to the bitter end and I'd heard that it was too windy that night so probably the dance was cancelled...I didn't hear. So watch the vids instead.
Cardango guest. Next year I'll dress up. I got a jacket from the thrift shop, $5, and Queen Becky painted my face. Six people came up to me at the party and said "I saw that jacket and almost bought it". Sunday there was breakfast at the Historical Museum, a mansion in its day, and a fine old building today. I went exploring upstairs. How tiny the rooms are! This is a view of the garden.
The third floor is being renovated and there is a crow's nest too, at the very top. I went up it, too and it gave me vertigo. This also happened when I viewed a canyon in New Mexico. I'm not used to seeing depth.Monday I went to see a manager about a job and a realtor about an apartment and then headed for Texas.
Pilar did not want to go.












No comments:
Post a Comment