The hotel in Trinidad was very nice but it had a wee problem with the wifi signal and also we Cartists were kept pretty busy, so there are lots of pictures to catch up on. This laptop is full so all the pictures had to go into the old one.
The weather on my drive up was threatening and I25 whips round the outer part of Santa Fe (NM) and so I didn't stop there.
Trinidad is full of charming old architecture.
This is one of my favorite ArtCars. I've always, and I mean always, wanted to be a gypsy/hippie road warrior/itinerant artist. I still nurse a longing to live in something mobile.
Rodney Wood took art materials to the local prison and worked with the inmates to create an Art Car. This is what they built.
Obviously, the prisoners couldn't come to the parade so we took the parade to them. The administration was very cool about it and the staff came out for a look as well. After that we visited an elementary school and a hospital.
Some photos of ArtCars encountered during the festivities.

Fire breathing dragon.
There is a definite relationship between art and fire. Hank Hill would be proud.
There was a street fest downtown after the parade. As for the parade, there were 84 cars and a nice, big, enthusiastic crowd; very enjoyable.
Colorful people in more ways than one.
Famous Trinidad bricks, the streets are paved with them.




















No comments:
Post a Comment