Saturday, September 24, 2016

It Gets Better

After a good night's sleep. Went to visit Offspring and Grandchild today. Grandchild is almost 5 and has begun "Pre-kindergarten" and has matured so much it's stunning. She's in dancing classes and soccer and is very self-possessed. Younger Offspring I haven't seen yet. I heard that the facility where she resides had a case of bed bugs, which the administration tried to conceal, and they had her sleeping on an air mattress in a storage room. For a matter of months! This is not acceptable and I have grave doubts about the quality of said administration. Her dad is in charge of these things, and while he will make a fuss about things like this (once he catches on) I hate it that I don't get a say in these matters. If only I had the funds available to get an attorney so that I could stick my oar in once in a while! That's the definition of being poor...one has no power. Technically, I have rights, but I can't exercise them without a fight...and fighting costs money.

Meanwhile, I'm job hunting and trying to come up with moneymaking schemes. I'm making papier mache skulls to sell at the next ArtCar show.

 Art from Trash, recycling, upcycling, blah blah.

And I'm still knotting away at a sheet for a tie dye piece of material. Been tying this thing for three months. The knotted material has all sorts of wonderful shapes and organic patterns.







No comments:

Post a Comment