Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Last Day In Quemado

All the hummingbirds left at once on that cold morning. It's so quiet without the sound of their wings buzzing, and the twittering, and the movement. Some of them would come and hover right in front of my face as if checking me out, especially when I was wearing my brightly colored bandana. 

There is a chipmunk living in the pole barn, where I'm painting. Most mornings we frighten each other.

Here's the sun rising today. Heavy rains are forecast, especially tomorrow, when I will be driving.

M. and I did a batch of tie-dyed clothes. This is a bed sheet. The colors were so lovely dribbling out but unfortunately left more white than planned. We should have used a container to keep the dye on the fabric, wetter and longer. I will overdye this one next batch.

The hood is about as finished as it's going to get. A few more touches today if it doesn't rain too hard, and tomorrow I set off for Trinidad, Colorado for the ArtOCade art festival and ArtCar parade. I will be passing through Santa Fe, New Mexico and so my Santa Fe to Santa Fe trail will be accomplished after all. I'm hoping to stop and see some Georgia O'Keefe paintings (of course) but that may depend on the weather. 

I am sorry to be leaving the Petulant Ranch, although excited to be off traveling again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment