Completely lost my sense of humor again, had to get OFF the Facebook because of all the (mostly) anti Trump ranting and the election coverage in general. There's basically no channel to watch because of the news and the comedy people are making hay with it as well.
TV westerns from the '60s it is. Again.
I sent a PM to M. featuring a picture of a bawling baby and the caption "I want to come back!"
Then I got drunk and went to bed.
This morning was one of her typically cryptic text replies
"u know the way"
Well, really, that's all I need to know.
Contacted the person I'd agreed to work for come the end of this month and cancelled. Started taking down pictures from the walls and packing. Investigated the cost of a rental moving truck.
I had received messages from the Food Stamps people that my benefits were up so I reapplied and when the woman called, it turned out that the message had been a mistake and I'll get food this month as usual, in addition, the phone minutes that I was notified weren't coming arrived to the phone anyway. I feel so sorry for the people who work there, they must have to deal with this nonsense all the time: to say nothing of fielding calls from panicked people who believe they won't be able to feed their family this month. Just another reason to Get Out. I figured the cost of going to work the show and, at 7.25 an hour, 50 mile drive and possibly $10 a day for parking, why, it doesn't amount to much more than volunteering in the long run. Not exactly a Loss, and that little bit of (taxable) income would be just enough to screw up the benefits, of course. Better off not going. (I suppose I need not explain that these facts came as "Oh, by-the-ways" after I'd agreed to take the job).
Agonized a while over whether a sudden relocation to the Middle Of Almost Nowhere was a good idea, and pulled ...The Fool.
'Nuff said.
And: Older Tarot decks, unlike the Waite-Smith version show the Fool as being harassed by a dog rather than accompanied by it, and even older ones depict it as a lion or something biting his leg, not frolicking beside him.

No comments:
Post a Comment