Almost all of my junk mail these days consists of applications (to me) to fill out applications (for credit cards) from banks I've never heard of. Preapproved (asterisk, which means Not Really) and most of them carrying an APR I can only describe as Laughable.
Anyway they come with envelopes and a lot of paper, much of which is blank.
Recycling this nice white paper is very easy, you just tear it up, soak it a little and I use a kitchen blender-on-a-stick to whirr it into a pulp. Then strain the pulp through a screen (I use a bit of old window screen stapled to a wooden frame) and voila, new paper. Depending on how thickly you strain it you get a texture like toilet tissue, or like egg carton.
Using a cookie cutter to create a void in my paper I cast this star shape which will serve as a stencil later.
Originally posted January 11th, 2015.

No comments:
Post a Comment