Saturday, October 17, 2015

365 Days Of Luck Day 44 and a terrible disappointment.

Got "Cinderella'd" again, yet again I should say, at work, meaning my coworker slid herself out early leaving me with all the cleaning up to do. This is getting to be a routine.
When I got home I found an email from the British passport office saying they have rejected my passport application. I don't know what I can do to satisfy the requirements, and there's only 6 weeks left till my planned trip. I couldn't be more crushed, I was going to see my family after 20 years.

Just then, I got two texts from the Quit Smoking site. Much like a lot of Real Life, its timing sucks. I threw the phone into the toilet, having just bought a packet of cigarettes, and having had several stiff drinks. But it's a Welfare phone, a horrible, low tech, no app, rings-and-takes-a-message-only, might-as-well-be-a-land-line kind of thing, and it cuts out, crackles, and has precious little range, so I don't even carry it with me. Basically, it is a phone number more than it is a phone. I have thrown it on the ground and at the wall numerous times. And you know what? That bastard will not break. After a short nap I fished it back out of the water and it still came on! Now to test the bag of rice theory.
I don't take disappointment well.

I've been Good lately. And I hate it.
Not smoking.
Eating well.
Doing a good job at work.
Smiling and being very, very polite.
Refraining from making cutting remarks to people who desperately deserve them.
You know what? Virtue is its own reward. And if that's not a ringing endorsement for not bothering, I don't know what is.


 And speaking of feeling like a machine at work, the next project I did was a robot. It is made out of masking tape.


The materials.

The plan.

The assembly.

The finished piece.



Originally posted on January 12, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment