Just down the road from here there is a nice little house for rent. Too bad, it costs almost exactly my entire month's income. While I was looking at it on Google Earth, to see if it has a decent back yard, I slid over to these apartments and Lo! there is my car in the parking lot. I can see at once that the photo was taken in the spring of this year, as the first parts of the painting I did on the roof is clearly visible.
What is less cuddly than a cactus? What is more cuddly than being tucked into bed with a soft, pink blanket?
This is a Mother's Day gift from years ago. It was just a little pencil of a cactus and I kept it for many a moon and was turning it to warp it into a spiral growth pattern. It got very large and grew arms and I named it Mrs. Prickle (sometimes I called it Tiggywinkle, too.)
Alas! A few weeks ago it began to develop dried looking spots and in spite of my best efforts it shriveled up and fell down dead.
Originally posted January 18, 2015

No comments:
Post a Comment