This morning at work I overheard people saying to one another "it's been downgraded to a one" and I wasn't paying much attention, and I didn't know what they were referring to, but it turns out, there was a hurricane. Or a tropical storm or something, in Mexico. So there's supposed to be rain this weekend and it is indeed raining gently here, as I type, but I'm struck by how the news makes you feel as if you are connected to events far away . As if the light rain falling outside has anything much to do with devastation happening hundreds of miles away. There's an advantage to being without television service.
Ladybugs (or Ladybirds) are said to be Lucky. They are neither bugs nor birds but beetles.
Anyway, I found one crawling inside my window screen and it had only two small spots. I had the dickens of a time chasing it around, trying to make its picture. Then, all of a sudden, there were more of them and I began to find them all over the place, after which they all died. Very mysterious.
Also, this photo makes my window frame appear much rattier than it is in real life.
Originally posted on January 19th, 2015.
No comments:
Post a Comment