The Houston Center For Contemporary Craft has an annual fundraiser for feeding the hungry and it is called the Empty Bowls Project. Artists are asked to make a bowl for donation to the show and auction.
Shredded paper (it was the Morning Pages from when I did the Artist's Way)
Beginning of bowl, and a box.
I liked the way the jumbled up words looked and left the box like that,
A book was the mold for the box shape (it's the I Ching, actually)
For the bowl many pages of handwritten words about food and eating were appropriate
I am sorry to say I still haven't finished the bowl! The outside is primed but could still use some more layers for stability and it ought to be finished with something waterproof (and food safe would be a good idea) and the rim wants smoothing out. At the time there wasn't any suitable paint around for decoration either.
It was just about this time that I found myself without a job and, in Texas at any rate, Unemployment makes you wait three weeks before you receive any benefits, so I was without income for a while. Food stamps then completely loused up all the paperwork and cut me off completely, so no food, either!
I lost heart and stopped blogging for a while, and couldn't do daily posts due to having to walk two miles to the library, and look for work; got saved by my next door neighbor, who encouraged me to apply at the store where she works, which was just round the corner from here, and where I work now. I like my job and I save a lot of money by being able to walk there. Thanks, Amy!







No comments:
Post a Comment