Sunday, August 7, 2016

Not all Nature is Wonderful


I hate them!


The flies here are absolutely dreadful.
Lady up the road says "They're really bad lately".
Man across the way says "You should've seen 'em last year".

I guess it's all a matter of perception. But they are making it very unpleasant for me, painting out of doors. 
The horrid buzzing around my ears, the flying in front of my eyes, the way they'll pick a certain spot, on your calf, say, and return to it again and again until you find yourself flapping your arms about like some sort of loony and stamping like a horse.

It is horribly distracting, and I am trying to make precise lines with a very small brush.
In addition I am running out of materials, paint thinner down to a few precious drops and the yellow paint about gone.

In spite of the rain, flies and hot sun, I am making progress and the hood (or bonnet) of the car is starting to look like something, now. The bright colors give it a comic-book like appearance.


No comments:

Post a Comment