Doctor says that my blood pressure is too high (still paying off tht emergency room visit, and will be for several years to come) and I am taking three sets of pills for that. At last visit, she suggested it was actually a little low. I don't like the sound of that one tiny bit, I predict lots of visits and tweaking of the drugs...with the crappy feelings and nasty bills which accompany them.
Now she says that my Lipids and Triglycerides are too high. Just as bad. Sounds like the entree to an Old Person's treadmill of medications to me.
Worse yet, I have been reading up on the approved DIET.
First of all, I already don't eat at restaurants (too expensive).
Secondly, I don't eat canned foods much, especially vegetables. (Mushy and tasteless)
Thirdly, I don't add salt to anything except eggs or potatoes.
But the menus available on here, the Interfairy, are just awful! A "handful" of cashews? Why bother teasing your mouth like that?
Sugar-free Jello? Have you tasted that stuff?
Brown rice? I already don't like rice much and seldom eat it, and brown rice tastes like boiled cardboard. Ghastly.
Chicken. Well, I eat chicken and prepare it simply (I don't enjoy cooking) but Geez, a person can get sick of looking at it after a while.
Tuna. Salmon. Too expensive unless its canned, and then, Yeuch.
I'm not giving up potatoes, I don't care if they do kill me. I love potatoes.
Basically, the diet as described made me Angry. And then depressed. Which leads me to alcoholic spirits, which they also want me to give up.
Obviously, I will either die soon-ish, or I'll live to be as old as my grannies did (98, both of them) and to Blazes with the doctors.
No comments:
Post a Comment