Yes, this is the fellow from that old Led Zeppelin album cover.
The Hermit represents isolation or solitude as well as wisdom and counsel. Upside down he seems to indicate too much of it, excessive introspection. This is entirely appropriate. Advice gleaned from various Tarot sites indicates that it means it's time to go outside oneself and rejoin the world, that fellowship with like minded people is called for. A suggestion to make a major change in the way one is doing things, possibly even to wipe the slate clean, start over, or move.
Of course, that is exactly what I have been contemplating. The image of loneliness comes up frequently and that is true as well. "Do you trust your own wisdom?" asks one psychic and, "Have you been trying to let go of old patterns but just can't seem to shake them?" says another.
It seems to be all about seeking connections, feeling blocked from doing so: delays and poor counsel. (There is humor to be found in that, as it is the very Tarot I'm using to seek counsel, but let's not question it too much).
Lastly I found this..."Don't Force It" or to paraphrase, Proceed as the Way opens. Being calm and letting things happen is one thing I've not been good at, and that really is largely the result of poor advice. Most of my life I've been told exactly the opposite, "Seize the day", "You have to make it happen", "A dream without a plan is just a wish" and so on. And the quote from way, way back which has haunted me all along, "The reason you don't succeed is because you don't apply yourself" (which is usually followed by "Yes, but, you are applying yourself to the wrong thing"). I am really an impulsive sort, given to dashing off as soon as I have an idea, short on attention and big on distraction, and I never have "an" idea...I have twelve at once.
The Hermit is a Nine card, which represents completion of a cycle, and is also a Virgo card, Virgo being a very incompatible card for an Aries like me. Is this why he is reversed? Need I mention that a large number of my family members are Virgos? and I don't get on well with them, for the most part.
This was a timing reading and so I may be in for a frustrating month this October.

No comments:
Post a Comment